September 2022 Dividends

Greetings everyone, welcome to my September 2022 passive income update.

I can't believe its already the middle of October, the past 6 weeks have really flown by, with the boys back to school, I finally found some time to sit down and write (night shift perk!)  Only one purchase was made in September outside of reinvested dividends, I purchased 6 shares of $SCHD ETF.  This purchase should add approximately $15 USD to by annual dividend income.

Towards the end of the month, two companies announced dividend increases, first Fortis $FTS announced they were increasing their dividend by 6% to $2.26 annually, adding $18.96 in annual income.  The same day, Starbucks $SBUX announced an 8.2% increase to their dividend, bringing it up to $2.12 per year.  This adds a staggering $0.80 USD to my annual income.  One brick at a time!

In September, I received dividends from 13 different companies.  If the dripped shares seem to be in excess of the dividend, it is because I purchased extra shares to use up left over capital from previous dividends received. Here are the results:

TFSA

  • Pembina Pipeline Corp    $53.34 (1 drip)
  • Cenovus Energy               $124.72 (5 drips)
  • Enbridge                           $123.84 (3 drips)
  • Tourmaline Oil Corp        $86.18 (2 drips)
  • Manulife Financial           $55.44 (3 drips)
TFSA Total - $443.52 (14 drips)

RRSP 
  • Whitecap Resources        $39.23 (4 drips)
  • SmartCentres REIT         $38.23 (1 drip)
  • TransAlta Renewables     $25.30 (0 drips (I forgot to reinvest!))
  • Fortis                                $83.46 (2 drips)
  • Energy Select ETF           $94.78 USD (5 drips)
  • Schwab Dividend ETF     $16.55 USD (0 drips)
RRSP Total - $297.55 (12 drips)

RESP 
  • Dream Industrial REIT      $14.82 (1 drip)
  • Enbridge                            $61.92 (1 drip)
  • Suncor                                $59.69 (1 drip)
RESP Total - $136.42 (3 drips)

Grand Total - $877.49  This represents a 41.9% year over year increase in dividend income.  For every hour of the month, I received $1.22 per hour.  Little by little this will continue to grow!


Through September, I have been fortunate to collect $8516.02 in dividend income.  This represents an amazing 152.1% increase from the same time last year!


It appears that I am well on the way to meeting my target of $10,000 in dividends collected for the year!  With only 3 months left to go I will leave my target where it is and contemplate a slightly more aggressive target for 2023.  Thank you for taking the time to review my results.  Enjoy the beautiful fall weather!  Till next time.

This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2022 Dividends

November 2022 Passive Income

February 2022 Dividends