November 2022 Passive Income

Greetings everyone, welcome to my November 2022 passive income update.

November was a busy month both in terms of passive income and life.  On the 30th, my family and I said goodbye to my aunt in Winnipeg.  She lived and enjoyed every day of her 87 years on this earth, she will be dearly missed.

Dividend Increases/Announcements

At the beginning of the month, Cenovus ($CVE) declared a variable dividend of 11.4 cents to be paid out in December, and Tourmaline Oil Corp. ($TOU) declared a special dividend of $2.25 per share payable this month.

Eight companies that I hold also announced increases to their annual dividend of varying percentages - Tourmaline, CNRL, Arc Resources, Telus, Suncor, Alimentation Couche-Tard, RBC and Enbridge kept the business news wires busy, these increases will add a total of $381.48 in annual passive income!

Buys & Sells

This month I exited my position in Algonquin Power at a loss, and my position in Power Corporation up a modest 1% With these funds I purchased 275 shares of RioCan REIT ($REI), these transactions will reduce my annual income by $87.43

Income

In November, I received dividends/distributions from 10 different companies.  Where possible I used left over funds from prior dividends to add more shares to my portfolio of the same companies.

TFSA 

  • Pembina Pipeline Corp                     $55.68 (1 drip)
  • NorthWest Healthcare REIT             $15.00 (1 drip)
  • Tourmaline Oil (Special Dividend)  $1136.25 (10 drips) leftover funds used for Christmas gifts
RRSP 
  • Whitecap Resources                         $39.45 (4 drips)
  • SmartCentres REIT                          $38.54 (1 drip)
  • TransAlta Renewables                     $25.54 (2 drips)
  • CT REIT                                           $17.00 (1 drip)
  • Power Corp                                      $57.92 (2 drips)
  • RBC                                                  $179.20 (2 drips) 
  • AbbVie Inc                                       $145.23 USD
  • Starbucks Corp                                 $2.65 USD
RESP 
  • Dream Industrial REIT                    $14.93 (1 drip)
Grand total - $1727.39 This represents a staggering 402.8% year over year increase, thanks to the special dividend received from Tourmaline Oil.  Income dropped by 7.14% from August to November due to a special dividend received from CNRL in August, not repeated in November. This total means that for each hour of the month, I earned $2.40 every hour.


Through November, I have collected $11,288.91 from dividends and distributions, a 156.2% increase from the same time last year.

This months passive income puts me well past my previously revised annual dividend total, the fortune of receiving special dividends from two companies and the power of compounding is an awesome sight to see!  Thanks for stopping by, till next time.

This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.



Comments

  1. pffft! what a month!

    congrats on that massive special dividend and yr over yr growth. All those dividend raises were huge as well - Thats a huge increase to forward income all by itself!

    keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February 2022 Dividends

January 2022 Dividends