January 2022 Dividends

Greetings everyone, welcome to my first passive income report of 2022.

January was a pretty quiet month for account activity, I managed to add 33 shares of Manulife Financial, and 200 shares of ARC Resources in my only two transactions of the month, both inside my TFSA.  The $MFC purchase added $43.56 to my annual income, while $ARK added $60.  The $ARK purchase came after selling my remaining 2000 shares in Athabasca Oil Corp.  I believe there were still more gains to be made with $ATH, but I wanted to move those funds into a dividend paying company.  I exited $ATH up 149%, so no complaints at all!

One dividend increase was announced for my portfolio - Tourmaline Oil Corp announced an 11% increase to their quarterly dividend adding $22.32 to my annual income, and they also announced another special dividend payable Feb 1st of $1.25 per share.  This follows a special dividend of $0.75 paid last October.  Can't wait for that special dividend to land in my TFSA and add more shares to my portfolio.


As you can see above, my income for January 2022 came in at $677.26, a 0.95% decrease from October 2021.  The slight decrease is due to no special dividend payouts this month from Tourmaline, however due to prior purchases and dividend increases, I'm quite pleased with my January totals.  This marks one year since I took control of all my funds, and focused on dividend income.  As you can see in the chart below, starting in February, my charting will start to accurately represent my income on a year over year basis since I didn't collect many dividends last January, having moved my GRSP from work to my RRSP account, and took the reins on my own investments.



At the end of 2021, I set a goal of $7700 in passive income, & through January, I am at 8.8% of my goal.  I am confident that I can achieve this goal through reinvestment of my dividend income combined with monthly payroll contributions and purchase of more dividend paying stocks.

Thanks for stopping by, looking forward to preparing February totals for my next report!

This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.

Comments

  1. It's always nice to hear about new dividend increases for companies you already have. :)
    Nice work growing your passive income. Keep it up. 👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 2022 Passive Income

February 2022 Dividends