October 2021 Dividends

Hello again everyone, welcome to my October '21 dividend summary.  

October was a busy month, I took my first trip out of country in 20+ months! I accompanied my father in-law and met up with my brother in-law in Cleveland to travel to Rochester, NY to watch my niece and nephew participate in their homecoming weekend of sports activities.  My niece went 3-0 in her volleyball, and her team has claimed first place in preparation for playoffs. My nephew won his hockey game, setting up the game winning goal with a slick steal and cross ice pass.  His season is just getting going, so I will be scoreboard watching his progress!

To finish off the weekend, we travelled back to Cleveland and took in the Browns/Cardinals game for my first live NFL experience.  I've never been in a crowd of 60k+ before, I can only imagine how raucous the after game activities would have been had the Browns won! It was still an awesome experience to take in.

   


As for income I received $144.64 from monthly paying stocks.

    • Pembina Pipeline $43.05 - 1 DRIP
    • AltaGas $28.66 - 1 DRIP
    • TransAlta Renewables $23.81 - 1 DRIP
    • Whitecap Resources $13.20 - 1 DRIP
    • SmartCentres REIT $35.92 - 1DRIP

From quarterly paying stocks, I received $331.42 from the following companies:

    • Telus $63.56 - 1 DRIP
    • ARC Resources $13.20 - 1 DRIP
    • BCE $75.25 - 1 DRIP
    • Algonquin Power $31.93 - 1 DRIP
    • CNRL $47.94 - 1 DRIP
    • TD $99.54 - 1 DRIP

Tourmaline Oil Corp also paid me $207.75 in the form of a special dividend, I haven't yet reinvested those funds. I am anxious to see what 2022 brings for this company, more share buybacks and possibly another special dividend may be in the works.  Time will tell!

All in all, I received $683.81 CAD in the form of dividends from 12 different companies, my biggest month ever, generating $0.92/hr in passive income during the month.

I received an extra $30.53 for referring my wife to set up a WealthSimple trading account.  I took advantage of the three stock promotion by getting the account set up by the deadline of Oct. 12. Those funds made their way into the TFSA as soon as I was able to move them.

October also brought a few dividend increases, Tourmaline increased their dividend for the second time this year in September. Whitecap Resources announced a 38% dividend increase, and Fortis announced a 6% increase, marking the 48th year in which it has increased payouts to share holders. October 27th, Suncor announced a 100% dividend increase, restoring their dividend back to pre-covid level.  This will allow me to resume DRIP inside my RESP.


A graphical representation of my dividend income is shown above, as always, 2021 income is exaggerated because I moved my GRSP funds into my own RRSP trading account at the end of 2020 and began recording this income combined with my TFSA dividend income.

My annual total has reached $4061.54 in passive income via dividends. With 2 months to go, I am hoping to cross the $5k mark for the year.

Towards the end of October I sold my shares of ACO.X and XGRO and bought 100 shares of Abbvie Inc.  Both Atco and XGRO positions were exited at just over 7% profit and allowed me to add a healthcare stock to my portfolio.  The addition of ABBV will add approximately $375 in passive income above what ACO and XGRO would have contributed to my portfolio in 2022 (Oct 29th ABBV increased their dividend by 8.5% to $1.41 USD/quarter).  I also purchased 10 shares of CP Rail to start a position in this company and add a little more diversification to my portfolio.  This will add another $7.60 in annual passive income beginning in January.

Thanks for reading, and take care.

This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2022 Dividends

February 2022 Dividends

November 2022 Passive Income