November 2021 Dividends

Hello again everyone, welcome to my November 2021 dividend summary.

  I enjoyed a pretty quiet month again, taking a shift off in the middle of the month gave me 21 days off for the third month in a row.  (Out of days off for the year, back to week on/week off routine moving forward!) With this time, I was able to travel to SE Sask to visit my parents and other friends & family members for an early Christmas since I am on shift for the best holiday of the year.  Life in the patch requires the odd sacrifice!  From the yard I grew up in I could see a few companies I invest in - Whitecap wells and facility visible out the kitchen window, an old Enbridge terminal just beyond the trees, now operated by Kingston Midstream, with an idle Secure Energy facility adjacent to that terminal, along with several Vermilion Energy wells just to the south.

November was a big month in terms of dividend increases, 7 companies announced increases:

- Cenovus 100%
- Canadian Natural Resources 25%
- Enerplus 8%
- Manulife Financial 18%
- Arc Resources 52%
- Telus 3.5%
- Power Corp 10.6%

These increases add approximately $550 in annual dividend income to my portfolio.

Buys and Sells

TFSA

- Sold my position of 1000 shares in Tamarack Valley Energy ($TVE) up 55.28%
- Sold my position of 2100 shares in Gear Energy ($GXE) up 7.23%
- Added 400 shares of Arc Resources ($ARX) with the proceeds of the previous two sales. This purchase adds $160 in annual dividend income
- I added another 105 shares of $ARX on a drop in price in a separate purchase, adding another $42 in dividend income. I would like to get this position to 1000 shares eventually.
- Towards the end of the month I bought 10 more shares in Enbridge ($ENB) to add $33.40 in passive income.

RRSP

- Sold my position in AltaGas ($ALA) up ~24%, I moved those proceeds into 125 shares of TC Energy ($TRP) and purchased 220 more shares of Whitecap Resources ($WCP).  These purchases add ~ $93 of annual dividend income inside this account.

Now for the meat and potatoes for this month of passive income.  Between my TFSA and RRSP accounts, I received $343.55 in dividend income.

In my TFSA, 2 companies paid me $44.32 in dividends.

  • $43.26 from Pembina Pipeline - 1 DRIP
  • $1.06 from Bank of Montreal
In my RRSP, 6 companies paid out $299.23 in dividends.

  • $28.74 from AltaGas - 1 DRIP
  • $23.89 from TransAlta Renewables - 1 DRIP
  • $18.29 from Whitecap Resources - 2 DRIPs
  • $36.08 from SmartCentres REIT - 1 DRIP
  • $142.56 from RBC - 1 DRIP (my first)
  • $49.67 from Power Corp - 1 DRIP
With these proceeds, I have collected $4405.39 in passive income during the first 11 months of the year.  I am projecting to just squeak over the $5000 mark by the end of the year.  Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading, and take care.

This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2022 Dividends

November 2022 Passive Income

February 2022 Dividends