July 2022 Dividends

Greetings everyone, welcome to my July 2022 passive income update.

July was a pretty quiet month investing wise, only a couple small purchases were made, and of course reinvestment of dividends!  Camping season got under way July 1st as my family and I got up to the lake for our annual retreat to peace and quiet (my wife's happy place!)  Work commitments pulled me away for my shift throughout the 3 weeks, but I got to spend a handful of days in the water with my boys, and managed to avoid any major sunburns.  It was nice to be able to sit around a campfire this year, fire bans and extreme heat last summer sure put a damper on the relaxing at night part of camp life.

Like I stated earlier, I didn't buy much this month, I picked up 10 shares of Schwab US Dividend Equity ETF, and 5 shares of Canadian Natural Resources, all inside my RRSP.  These purchases will add $43.15 to my passive annual dividend income.  I also started a position in Google by picking up 2 shares in my RRSP, no dividend income with this stock, but hopefully lots of growth in the years ahead.

This month I opened a Questrade account, and am in the process of transferring a significant portion of my pension into a LIRA.  I am looking forward to putting these funds to work, and collecting and recording even more passive dividend income!

There were no dividend increases announced for any of my held stocks this month, however, Tourmaline Oil announced their fourth consecutive quarterly special dividend, this time $2.00 per share, to share owners as of August 5th, payable on the 12th.  Looking forward to seeing those funds land in my account!

July is one of the busiest months for dividend income in my accounts.  I received payments from 17 different companies.  Let's take a look at the results:

TFSA

  • Pembina Pipeline Corp.             $52.50 (1 drip)
  • Telus Corp.                                $70.09 (3 drips)
  • ARC Resources Ltd                   $121.32 (8 drips)
  • Nutrien Ltd.                               $8.66
  • Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd   $1.90
  • CIBC                                          $16.10
TFSA Total - $270.57 (12 drips)

RRSP

  • Whitecap Resources Inc                     $31.80 (4 drips)
  • SmartCentres REIT                            $37.77 (1 drip)
  • TransAlta Renewables                       $25.07 (2 drips)
  • TC Pipelines                                      $91.80 (2 drips)
  • Tidewater Midstream                         $10.00 (8 drips)
  • BCE Inc.                                            $95.68 (2 drips)
  • Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp    $36.49 (6 drips)
  • Canadian Natural Resources Ltd       $93.75 (2 drips)
  • Toronto Dominion Bank                    $114.81 (2 drips)
RRSP Total - $537.17 (29 drips)

RESP

  • Dream Industrial REIT                $14.70 (1 drip)
  • Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc.   $1.43
RESP Total - $16.13 (1 drip)

Grand Total - $823.87, this represents a 65.1% increase from July 2021, and an 8% increase from April 2022.  I am quite happy with these results and growth in my passive income! I was able to earn $1.11 every hour this month, whether I worked, slept or camped!  Some of the higher drip totals are a result of taking advantage of no fee trading at Wealthsimple and using up previously unused dividend funds.

So far this year I have earned $5778.14 in dividend income, a 132.1% increase versus the same time period last year.  Consistent bi-weekly contributions combined with reinvesting all my dividends and special dividend payments has made all of this possible.  August will mark the fifth year of when I started keeping track of my dividend income, looking forward to what the next 5 will bring!

Thank you for taking the time to review my results, I hope you are all enjoying your summer and getting a great chance to rest and relax.


This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2022 Dividends

November 2022 Passive Income

February 2022 Dividends