December 2021 Dividends

Hello again everyone, welcome to my December 2021 dividend and year end summary.

I hope everyone was able to enjoy and celebrate the Christmas season, and get some deserved rest and relaxation over the holidays!

December brought 3 about more dividend increases to my portfolio. Royal Bank, Bank of Montreal and Enbridge announced these increases and added $181.58 to my annual income for 2022

I made a few small purchases in the month, I started a position of 40 shares in Intertape Polymer ($ITP), not in time to collect the January dividend, but still added $25.50 in annual income.  I also added 4 shares in Bank of Montreal ($BMO), 19 Manulife Financial ($MFC) shares and 8 Enbridge ($ENB) shares.  These 3 purchases added $74.87 towards my 2022 annual dividend income. 

Across my three accounts (TFSA,RRSP & RESP) I earned $627.01 in dividend income, and added 17 shares via DRIP.


In total, I collected $5032.10 from dividends.  This is my biggest year to date! At the end of 2020 I moved my GRSP at work to my RRSP investing account, and began making purchases with the goal of generating an annual dividend income stream.  This process took about 18 months of reading many blogs and researching to help make my decision.  Twitter helped guide me to so many valuable resources, too many to name, but I'd like to thank Graham @ReverseTheCrush for being the first to reach out when I was just getting started with words of encouragement, and I haven't looked back since.  It took me a few months to finally take the plunge and start this blog in September of this year.

Here's a look at my overall progression since I started recording dividend income:


2021 was a year of great progress and more learning for me.  I was able to grow my TFSA by $56047.53 or 239.3% Of that increase, 52.5% was capital invested.  My RRSP account saw an increase of $28683.86 in value for a 33.8% gain.  Only 13.1% was capital invested.  My pension at work realized a 31.6% gain through company contributions and my from salary contributions combined with further 2% match, slow and steady here.  Lastly, I was able to increase my net worth by 42.9% overall, and thats only since March 31st when I started calculating this number.

I look forward to what a full year of dividends will bring me, and continuing to read as many blogs as possible of others doing the same!  Assuming I can continue investing at least 13.9% of my gross semi-monthly salary for another full year, I have set a goal of $7700 in dividend income for 2022, or an increase of 53%

I wish everyone a prosperous 2022, thanks for your time!



This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2022 Dividends

November 2022 Passive Income

February 2022 Dividends