February 2022 Dividends

Greetings everyone, welcome to my February 2022 passive income update.

February started off with my second dividend increase of the year.  $BCE announced a 5% increase to their quarterly dividend to $0.92 per share on Feb 3rd, adding $11.88 to my forward annual income. 

In the middle of the month, TC Pipelines ($TRP) announced a 3.4% increase and Nutrien ($NTR) a 4.3% increase, adding another $16.12 in passive income in my accounts.  The following week, Whitecap Resources ($WCP) announced a 33% increase to their dividend starting with the April payment, adding $93.96 to my annual income.  In total, I received $121.96 in dividend increases!

On top of my regular contributions to my TFSA, I also added $33.45 from the Ampli app.  This app tracks your spending and rewards you with a percentage, depending on the vendor.  I received an email from them that my accounts became disconnected from their service, not sure I'm inclined to continue with their service, too many adds for vendors nowhere close to me in my opinion.

Only 4 purchases this month, I bought into Arc Resources ($ARX) twice to get to a nice round number of 1000 shares, adding $38 to forward annual income.  I also purchased 15 more shares of Pembina Pipelines, which added $37.80 in income moving forward.

I was able to make the entire contribution to my RESP for child #1, and started a position in Dream Industrial REIT, adding $70 in forward annual dividend income.

I also said enough with bi-weekly payments and closed out the loan on our camper.  We had originally started with 15 year financing, and once the ink dried on the paperwork, tripled the payments.  4 years, 7 months to pay it off.  Looking forward to the extra cash in the account at the end of the month!

As for February income, I received $877.05 in dividend income between my TFSA and RRSP accounts.  This represents a 229.3% increase in income from February 2021!  This number is inflated somewhat due to another special dividend from Tourmaline Oil Corp, without it I would have still realized a 98.4% increase in year over year income.



So far in 2022, I have received $1554.31 in dividend income, or 20% of my goal of $7700.  I feel I may have been conservative with this goal, however it is always better to under promise and over achieve!


Thanks for taking the time to review my numbers.  Have a great March everyone!

This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2022 Dividends

November 2022 Passive Income