March 2022 Dividends

Greetings everyone, welcome to my March 2022 passive income update.

March was a pretty quiet month for account activity for me, only 3 transactions, all within my TFSA so no fees paid for any purchases this month.

Mar 8 sold I $ITP after their sale was announced for $39.40 per share, I made 55% and never collected a dividend, I then added to my position in $ENB by purchasing 35 more shares and adding $120.40 to my passive annual dividend income.  Hoping to be able to drip 2 shares per quarter as long as the share prices stays below the $60 mark.

Mar 23 I added 15 more shares of $PPL, this adds $37.80 to my annual passive income.  I purchased these shares to try and stay ahead of the share price increase so I can continue adding a share per month via DRIP.

On March 3rd, $CNQ increased their dividend by 28% to $0.75 per quarter, this added $80.60 in annual dividend income inside my RRSP account.

In total I collected $676.08 in dividend income across my 3 accounts - TFSA, RRSP, & RESP



This total equates to a 7.8% increase from December 2021, and a 44.5% increase year over year.  Very happy with these results, and look forward to continue adding more dividend income throughout the year.

With the first quarter of 2022 already behind us, my accounts have been off to a great start.  My TFSA has grown by 35.23%, RRSP by 13.47% and my overall net worth grew by 15% through a combination of debt repayment and investment appreciation.

So far in 2022 I have collected $2230.39 in dividends, representing 28.9% of my goal of $7700.  It looks like I will need to upgrade my target if I am able to continue this pace of growing annual dividend income.  I will likely have this starting in the second half of 2022.

Thanks for taking the time to read my report, happy spring everyone!


This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.







 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2022 Dividends

November 2022 Passive Income

February 2022 Dividends