April 2022 Dividends

Greetings everyone, welcome to my April 2022 passive income update.

My plant turnaround preparation and execution has kept me busy since the end of April, finally on days off to catch up on a growing to do list, including my blog!

This month I was able to max the kids RESP contributions for the year, just waiting for the matched amount to land in the account and get those funds to work growing more dividend income.

Pretty quiet month for the TFSA, I added 20 shares of Tourmaline Oil & Gas, this adds $16 towards my annual dividend income.

I sold my 5 shares of BMO, and used those proceeds to aid in purchasing 10 shares of CIBC, this added $38.20 to annual income.  Stock will see a 2 for 1 split in May.

Purchased 5 shares of Pembina Pipeline, adding $12.60 to the income inside my TFSA

In the kids RESP I bought 30 shares of Suncor to add $50.40 annually, and 150 shares of Dream Industrial REIT adding $104.94 in passive income.

One dividend increase - Cenovus tripled their dividend, adding $281.40 in passive income inside my TFSA.

In total I collected $762.62 in dividend income across my 3 accounts - TFSA, RRSP, & RESP



Year over year for the month of April, I realized a 141% increase in dividend income, not sure I can maintain this growth as purchases stabilize and existing shares and their dividends are allowed to compound annually.

To date I have received $2993.01 in passive dividend income, or 38.9% of my target of $7700.  In my May update I will be increasing my annual target for dividend income.  A nice problem to have!


Thanks for taking the time to read my report, hopefully everyone is enjoying some beautiful weather!

This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2022 Passive Income

February 2022 Dividends

January 2022 Dividends