June 2022 Dividends

Greetings everyone, welcome to my June 2022 passive income update.

What a rollercoaster this past month has been.  A handful of my stocks saw all time highs, and as I write some have experienced 30%+ drops from those highs, investing is not for the feint of heart!

Buys & Sells

If the drip amounts below don't add up for some shares it is because I used the spare change in my accounts to utilize all the funds I have received over the years from dividends thanks to no fee trading through Wealthsimple.

In my RESP I started a position in Alimentation Couche-Tard, picking up 13 shares and adding $5.72 in annual income.

In my RRSP I added 15 shares of Bell Media and 20 shares of Fortis to my existing positions, delivering $55.20 and $42.80 in forward income respectively.

Also in my RRSP, I started purchasing US companies also through Wealthsimple, only paying a small conversion fee and no trade fees.  I purchased 5 shares each of Starbucks and Schwab US Dividend Equity ETF, adding $10.36 and $9.80 respectively each year.  These funds will be reported at 1 to 1 to avoid fluctuations in the dollar.

My only sell was 25 shares of TC Energy which I used to purchase 1000 shares of Tidewater Midstream, this actually lowers my forward income by $57.18 annually but sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward!

Dividend Increases

Two companies I own increased their dividends in June, adding $121.90 to my forward annual income.


Income

Now for the good stuff.  This month I collected $863.68 between my 3 accounts.  This represents a 58.7% increase year over year, and a 27.7% increase from Q1.  Slowly but steady!





Progress

I've collected $4954.27 so far this year, almost half way to the new goal I set last month, on a decent pace since we've reached the midway point of 2022.



Thank you for taking the time to review my results.  Happy July everyone, enjoy your summer!


This blog is a method of recording my personal investment journey and should not be taken as advice.  As always, perform your own due diligence.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2022 Dividends

November 2022 Passive Income

February 2022 Dividends